Trojans dominate at Everett 63-14 | Local

The Mount Union football team was on the road Friday night and faced the Everett Warriors in Everett. The Trojans took control of the game from the first possession and never looked back securing a 63-14 win over the Warriors.

The Trojans improve to 4-2 on the season and the Warriors remain winless at 0-6.

“The team keeps getting better each week,” commented Trojans head coach Anthony Sottasante. “We went out tonight and executed on both sides of the ball. The team played hard all night and did what they had to do.”

The Warriors received the opening kickoff and fumbled with Xavier Peck covering the fumble for the Trojans. The Trojans marched down field on a couple long passes getting to the one-yard line with Je’saun Robinson punching it in from one yard out at 6:34. The two-point pass was incomplete. The Warriors punted on the next series and the Trojans offense again executed and at 3:40 Bryce Danish hit Robinson with a 66-yard bomb for the Trojans second score ending the quarter up 14-0 after Danish ran it in for two points.

The Trojans continued to score in the second quarter as the quarter started at 11:24 am The Warriors were backed up by the Trojan defense and fumbled in the end zone with Hunter Steel recovering for a Trojan touchdown. Danish kicked the point after. The Warriors stalled on the next series and the Trojans continued to move the ball. At 6:58 Danish hit Quartey Williams from eight yards out for a touchdown. Danish kicked the point after. The Trojans defense continued to dominate and put the ball back into the hands of the Trojans offense. At 2:35 the Trojans moved the ball to the three-yard line and Josh Ryan carried it in for the score. Danish kicked the point after the touchdown. The Warriors got a drive going late in the quarter only to fumble and Steele picked up his second fumble of the game. Ryan then carried the ball 46-yards for a Trojan touchdown at 1:23 on the clock. The pass attempt failed. The Warriors put the only score on the board in the first half when Ian Klahre hit Dillen Bell on a 34-yrd pass for a touchdown. Coty Cessna kicked the point after. The Trojans were not finished. The clock showed nine seconds when Danish busted lose on the right side going 63-yards for a score and kicked the point after to go into the half with the Trojans leading 48-7.

The third quarter went almost as the mercy clock was running and the Trojans ate eight minutes off the clock before they scored on a pass from Danish to Williams for 32-yards for the touchdown. Danish kicked the point after. The score was 55-7 going into the fourth quarter.

The Trojans went to the bench and the Warriors started a drive getting down inside the thirty-yard line. Braylan Knable picked off a Klahre pass from the one-yard line and returned the interception 99-yards for a touchdown at 5:56. Danish hit Robinson for the two-point pass play. The Warriors stayed determined and pounded the middle with Gaven Brown. They ran it down to the three-yard line and Brown punched it in with 16 seconds on the clock. Cessna kicked the point after and the Trojans took a knee.

The Trojans are back on the road next Friday taking on Bellwood-Antis.